The surgical Retina department has state of the art surgical equipments in operation theatre like
Moller- Wedel microscope and CONSTELLATION is world’s number one in micro incision vitrectomy
machine. In less than a year from its introduction CONSTELLATION has become the gold standard machine
for vitrectomy worldwide. Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital is one of the very few hospitals in India
providing this high end service to the patients.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF MICROINCISION VITRECTOMY?
It has significant advantages over conventional vitrectomy systems like,
- The surgeon can perform complex retinal surgeries through very small holes in the sclera.
- High speed ULTRAVIT probe which can operate at 5000 cuts per minute more than twice the conventional vitrectomy probe, means faster and finersurgery.
- High precision instruments give perfect control for surgeon that increases the precision and safety of surgery significantly.
- Bright XENON ILLUMINATION to view the smallest defects in the retina and treat them.
- Integrated PUREPOINT laser - laser treatment can be done during surgery itself.
- 25 gauge and 27 gauge vitrectomy-No stitches at the end of the surgery so no discomfort.
- Since there are no sutures, post-operative patient comfort is better.
- Postoperative pain is less.
- The foreign –body sensation in the operated eye due to the sutures does not occur.
- The eye heals faster.
- Cosmetically better: postoperative redness is absent or minimal. External appearance of the eye comes back to normal within a week. Comparison of external appearance of the eye between a conventional and MICROINCISION vitrectomy. Conventional vitrectomy Micro incision vitrectomy
WHAT ARE THE RETINAL DISEASES FOR WHICH MICROINCISION VITRECTOMY CAN BE DONE?
- Vitreous hemorrhage
- Epi retinal Membrane
- Vitreo-macular traction
- Macular hole.
- Proliferative diabetic retinopathy with hemorrhage
- Some cases of Retinal detachment
Whenever you are advised vitrectomy by your retina specialist at Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital Pvt. Ltd.
you can discuss with him and opt for the MICROINCISION VITRECTOMY SYSTEM (M.I.V.S.)